SS Nicholas, Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church
CJK has been invaluable to our community in creating this beautiful project.
Fr. Peter Souritzdis
A joining of Citadels of Greek Orthodoxy in Metro New York brought St Nicholas parish, founded in 1901 as the Mother parish of New Jersey together with SS Constantine & Helen parish, founded in 1910. Changing demographics and times drew these parishes together in 1998 to forge a marriage that would bear a successful merger on a new beautiful well located 11 acre site.
Through a challenging 5 year long regulatory borough process, a new center of Orthodox worship has been initiated. The Vision / Master Plan, created by CJK, organizes a total 39,000 SF of construction on the 11 acre site in Roseland New Jersey with a golden domed 600 seat Central Byzantine Temple as the ‘Heart and Soul “ of the plan. A leadership group guided by pastor Rev. Peter Souritizdis and Metropolitan Evangelos created a beautiful and practical vision for the parish.
The design program includes a splendid entry courtyard, a separate festival courtyard, the Founder’s Place garden, a chapel, and a rotunda with bookstore and café as well as a large and small hall and a learning resource center with meeting and classroom spaces for all ages. The newly merged parish with it site and facilities will provide a new standard of excellence in pursuit of its mission.